Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Anatomy Of StumbleUpon - How to drive more traffic

Hey guyz, I am writing a completely self made post regarding SEO and traffic after a quite long time but this one is worth not missing it. As you see the traffic rank of my website which keeps going day by day. Thanks to the visitors…. A lot many people ask me a couple of time regarding how to make quick and genuine traffic… well my answer to this is StumbleUpon. (Please note that this post is what I feel and have observed so far.)

 

In this post, I will be discussing how to get the most of the genuine or organic traffic or drive more traffic to your website..

 

Starting through the anatomy of stumbling and how StumbleUpon works then will move to the page content to get the best organic visitors… Please dont make any misuse of this guide…So here we go

 

  • The Website - this is the first thing I have noticed, the newer the website in StumbleUpon database, the more traffic it get. Domains that are new in StumbleUpon tend to get good traffic in the initial stage that is hits ranging from 200 to 2000… Cool isnt it… Now dont keep on buying new domains and redirecting it for that :lol:

 

  • The Stumbler/Stumbler Profile - This is the second factor that directly effect the amount of traffic to your website. People say that StumbleUpon loves fresh content and old stumbled web pages dont get much traffic later so on blah blah !! I feel its utterly crap and I have a titanium-solid reason behind that The thing is that my this page 189 windows xp tips and tricks was the least popular page in my website since it was posted until it got stumbled from a stumbler who had stumbled over 7000 pages and had over 30 fans… So what do you say/ Now by telling this I dont mean to say that only power stumblers play the game on StumbleUpon traffic but I can say that there is a lot of influence of power stumbler. With 2-3 stumbles from power stumbler and the game could turn with you getting a couple of kilos of traffic. There are however other factors too like for example a power stumbler in a food niche stumble a technology page will not get you traffic… I exactly dont know how to become a power stumbler but myself currently having 9 friends and about 450 stumbled pages can send about 50 visitors to any page for a single stumble. Now you must be thinking about how to be a power stumbler (drooling).. You greedy brat…lol Well what I think as this post starts from it that is its just what I feel is.. to become a power stumbler have good and many friends (you can add me here), stumble more, stumble often, stumble good things only and be the first one to discover good pages.

 

  • The Landing - now since you got the traffic you need to make sure your visitors dont betray you or leave your site with dissatisfaction.. Yea I am talking about the landing page.. The landing page should be such that it gets the visitor to subscribe to your site as soon as they watch it for a while. Dont remember where I read it but the average site pageviews of visitor from StumbleUpon is a mere 1.21 meaning most of the traffic fly off as soon as they read the content.. To make your visitors remain you need to take care of just 3 things

 

    • Layout / Looks - If youhave a great looking web/landing page this is one factor for your visitor to stay back.

 

    • Content Revelancy - Revelancy describes how closely the contents of an information source match the topics.

 

    • Clean Page - By saying a clean page I mean that first off the main content should be clearly visible to the visitors then secondly if there are then there should be less and well placed ads… like for 1 big block ad in the content page and one on the side panel …

 

Phew so thats it for this time, hope you have enjoyed it and trust me this really works. Now you can please do mean a favour…. first is help me spread this by giving a thumbs up to this page on StumbleUpon… not forcing it only if you like it ad would like to help me and hold it another thing if you think I missed something, or if you appreciate it or if you dont like this post or anything please leave a comment !!

Thanks for reading ! Have a good day

 

No comments: